Gurdwara Nanak Piao Sahib
This gurdwara is associated with the First Guru, Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. In 1505, Guru Nanak Dev Ji visited Delhi. He camped in a garden on the outskirts of Delhi. Many people came to visit him here and soon, a free kitchen was started for wayfarers, who got food and water from a baoli or well.
He drew water from the well which he served to travelers or others in need besides propagating the tenets of his monotheistic and humanitarian creed. Piau means a stand where water is served free to the thirsty. The place, therefore, came to be called Nanak Piau. It continued to function even after the Guru had resumed his travels, and was treated as a sacred place by the people. It has a flat-roofed building within a walled compound.
The main function of the year here is the death anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev. Gurdwara Nanak Piao is located in between Rana Pratap Bagh and Azadpur, New Delhi.